Now a day, there are different reviews of different people on the features and usability of both corrugated and plastic boxes. Some people are fully satisfied with plastic boxes while others prefer to use corrugated boxes. Well in this complex situation, if you are a new brand and need to deliver your products to long-range destinations, it would be difficult for you to select your packaging. Fast Custom Boxes brings a detailed comparison of both these types of boxes. So that you could select the most economical, durable, and professionally customize packages to wrap your delivery items. Well, let start with the historical backgrounds of both these packages.
History of Plastic Packages:
In the early days of industrial growth all over the world, every brand uses plain cardboard boxes. Those packages were brown in color and so simple in look. As due to the least competition in beginning, there was no issue to use those boxes. But they were not durable enough to deliver products for long distances. So people moved towards plastic boxes. Those boxes were durable enough to deliver their product at the door of their buyers without a single breakage or crack on it.
History Of Corrugated Packages:
Time went on, but there were some big problems regarding plastic packaging boxes. As they are heavyweight so the owners of companies had to pay big delivery amounts. Then packaging engineers introduce one solution to all problems. Yes, you heard it right! That solution was nothing other than corrugated printing boxes. You could now get these custom packages in all kinds of shapes and sizes to wrap your branded items. So let’s have a deep look at which type of packaging option would be better for our brand product for long-range shipment.
1) Variable Thickness Of Boxes Walls
The main thing on which the durability of any kind of packaging depends is the thickness of their wall. As thickness decides, how effectively your box will sustain all kinds of compressions, strikes, and hits. Every product is of different natures so it needs a different value of packaging walls thickness than others. In this case
- They don’t provide its users with this option to customize the walls of their packages. As they mostly come in fixed size and thickness of walls.
- But they are enough durable to protect the products in a range of weight that is specified for the items to pack inside.
- These boxes are made up of wood pulp and they could be customized in any type of dimension.
- If your product is small in size, you can get them in thin walls according to its safety requirements.
- Similarly, if there are Heavy Weight or Delicate items then you can also increase the thickness of your custom boxes walls at any value.
2) Level Of Tolerance
If we compare the level of tolerance of both plastic and cardboard boxes, we will decide in a better way to select the appropriate box. If you are going to deliver products by roads and living in such a country, where the infrastructure of roads is cheap. Might possible your packages strike with other objects in the truck. So let’s compare which material is more sustainable.
- These boxes are the stiffer packages and tolerate a high level of strikes to keep your sensitive products safe from all kinds of breakdowns.
- They are comparatively less stiff than plastic boxes.
- By adjusting the width of walls and with the addition of packing peanut you could also uplift the tolerance level of these custom boxes.
3) Packages Weight
Weight is an important factor in determining, either your brand packaging is good for transportation, or would you have to pay high shipment charges. As if you ship heavyweight products the transportation company would charge you high. Similarly, you could deliver low weight products not just in low budget but also in a big amount at a time. So weight is an important factor and if you minimize it, you would ultimately minimize your shipping cost and delivery time. For this reason,
- These packages are not favoring you due to their high weights.
- These boxes are made with plastic, and the density of plastics is so high.
- This factor is the main reason behind the short come of these boxes and their high shipment rates.
- These packages are so lighter in weight if we compare them with the weight of plastic boxes for the same kind of product packaging.
- They are made of wood pulp with less density.
- Moreover, you could also reduce their weight with a reduction in the thickness of their walls.
- This will not affect the durability of packaging but could reduce its weight.
4) Life Span
The life span of a box is also considered in the quality of packaging boxes. The box with the best quality would last long. This feature mainly depends upon the intermolecular forces among the composition particles of these packaging boxes. So for this reason,
- These boxes have a very long life.
- They always stay in their shape and a good option to store products, as they don’t deform with moisture in the air and other environmental factors.
Note: These Packages are not good in storing eatables or medicines, as where the temperature rises the atoms of their molecules excite and could react with the products pack inside them.
- Corrugated boxes have not a long life like plastic boxes but they are also durable enough to keep their shape maintain for a long time.
- These boxes keep your product safe from all kinds of reactions and environmental factors.
- A good way to keep the quality of your products preserve.
After comparing all the factors of both these highly using packages, our experts at Fast Custom Boxes concludes that Cardboard custom boxes could be modified to get equal durability as of plastic boxes. No doubt plastic boxes are very durable and keep our product safe throughout the delivery. But we can’t reduce its weight as well as the risk of chemical reaction in rising temperatures.