In recent years, scientists have conducted several major studies in the field of periodic fasting. It turned out that it really had a good effect on health: the experiment participants lost weight, normalized blood pressure, and longer studies showed that controlled fasting prolongs life.
Of course, nothing will happen from single fasting, so if you choose this option for healing, you should practice it constantly.
How does periodic fasting work?
During voluntary fasting, the cells of the body do not need to process the nutrients that enter them, so they can “look inside themselves”, quickly clean up their own parts that are out of order and renew themselves. According to some opinions, fasting even cures oncology, but for now, we will focus on the proven and obvious fact of periodic fasting: it really helps cells to renew themselves.
We offer several proven patterns of cyclic starvation. Perhaps in just a month of such practice, you will experience the results.
The value of oatmeal while fasting
The calorie content of whole-grain cereals cooked on the water is approximately the same. Oatmeal is 316 kcal per 100 g. Among other cereals, it stands out:
- The balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates: 12 6 59 (g) or in% —10 6 55 +14 water + 12 fiber. The protein content is higher than in other cereals, and carbohydrates are represented by “long” starch, which is slowly broken down to glucose.
- The increased content of B vitamins, biotin, manganese, silicon, copper, sulfur and some other trace elements that are rarely found in other products. Here you can separately say about biotin or vitamin H (B7). Its useful properties:
- Is a building material for glucokinase, which triggers the oxidation of glucose;
- Necessary for the synthesis of glycogens and stabilize the concentration of glucose in the blood;
- Helps in the absorption of proteins, the disposal of harmful cholesterol amino acids and the breakdown of fat;
- Supports skin elasticity and the health of nails and hair.
- High enough – 3 g per 100 g of cereals – content and balance (50 50) of soluble and insoluble fiber. The first form, getting into the stomach, turns into a gel, which gives a feeling of satiety. It also slows down the absorption of fats and is an excellent breeding ground for bifidobacteria. The second – cleanses the intestinal wall, facilitates the passage of food, gives air volume to the feces, has a mild laxative effect.
- The presence of beta-glucan, which is known for its anti-inflammatory effect on all sections of the gastrointestinal tract.
Periodic Fasting Options
An 8-Hour Diet
The American blogger promotes interval fasting of 8/16 for everyone, and not just for bodybuilders. However, few people pay attention to the fact that at the same time his recommendations “rest” on the low-calorie nutrition of the English endocrinologist Albert T.V. Simeon. Yes, not just like that. The whole “this story” should be accompanied by the obligatory daily injections (drops, spray) of human chorionic gonadotropin.
The Canadian sports nutritionist and fitness adherent offer everyone who wants to lose weight without sitting on a diet that is personally unsuitable for him with 6 meals a day, but arrange one hungry day a week (2 can be). On other days, you need to lower calories in the way that suits you best. This option is suitable for those who are not able or lazy (as the author) to calculate the calorie content of one fractional portion of food, as a result exceed the daily norm and end up with an inevitable weight gain.
It offers a 5/19 daily chart scheme known as Fast-5. This intermittent system is designed for overweight exercisers. Possible 20% fat loss, subject to calorie restriction. But for those who do not exercise, Haring guarantees a 3% loss of fat, even without calorie restriction in a 5-hour food window. The doctor does not recommend expecting any results during the first 3 weeks that the body needs to adapt to the new meal schedule.
Everything is very similar to Fast-5. The difference in the balance of the food window and fasting is 4 + 20.
Designed for the lazy. To lose 3 kg per month, it is suggested 2 days a week to eat 2 times a day, consuming 500 kcal at a time. Such days should not follow one another.
Diet 5: 2
It is a practical double of the scheme described above, with the only difference being that you need to eat for 2 “limited” days 1 time: men eat 600 kcal and women 500.
In the early 70s of the last century, the Soviet climber, doctor of biological sciences recommended periodically exposing the body to one-day hungry stress on the water. But to do this not once a week, on a strict set day, but with unequal intervals between hungry days, for example, like this: 5— (1) —12— (1) —7— (1) —4— (1) – 10 … Such a “torn” alternation should last 3 months and be repeated once a year. If you want, you can arrange a hard post several times for 2 days in a row.
Such “sudden” one-day hunger strikes perfectly support the tone of the immune system. Similarly, many people do not believe in the benefits of marijuana and just state pre conceived facts that it is harmful. But in reality, if you do proper research you will realize the fact. Well, for effective weight loss, you still need to limit calorie intake and exercise. In any case, the practice of such periodic fasting has been proven for years. In his 93 years, the professor is not only alive, but also healthy, is in excellent physical shape, runs, and exercises in the gym.
Classical fasting is not to eat anything high-calorie (but tea and coffee – you can) for 16 hours. For example, you had dinner at 16 o’clock, and the next time you have breakfast at 8:00. During this time, the body manages to start self-healing processes.
Try it. Perhaps one of these schemes will extend your life and improve your health!